Cheryl Pratt Counsellor and Psychotherapist Qualifications
It is important for you to know that your counsellor is Accredited and professionally trained. I hold a Masters in Human Services (Counselling) from Curtin University as well as a BA (UWA) and a Diploma in Education (UWA).
I am a clinical member of EMDRAA (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Association of Australia) having completed advanced training in WA, and, a clinical registrant of the national peak body PACFA (Psychotherapists and Counsellors Federation of Australia) Reg 23400 listed on the PACFA National Register which demonstrates all members have:
- Met high standards of professional training and ethical conduct.
- Have sufficient experience to deliver quality counselling and psychotherapy services.
- Undertaken ongoing professional development and receive regular professional supervision of their work.
- Belong to one of PACFA’s Member Associations (PACFAWest).
- Hold professional indemnity insurance.
I have served on the PACAWA (now PACFAWest) membership committee.
I am a member of the International Centre for Clinical Excellence (ICCE) a worldwide community devoted to promoting excellence in behavioural healthcare services. I have completed training with internationally renowned psychologist Scott D Miller PhD in feedback informed therapy which constantly evaluates my work and how clients feel about their sessions with me. This helps me to give you the best possible service and to meet your counselling needs.